IRS tax burdens can add huge amounts of stress to your daily life. This is especially true if you cannot afford to pay what back tax you owe, and are aware that interest and penalties are constantly adding to the amount you owe. People who are self-employed are especially vulnerable to creating an IRS back tax liability because of the necessity to set aside funds for estimated tax payments throughout the year. No matter how bad you think your IRS taxes owed situation is, help is available.  Both individuals and businesses can get help with their back tax problems. There are several companies that claim to be able to help with your back taxes, and tax advisors, tax attorneys and tax law firms can be found all over the internet, but they may not actually be qualified to help you.

If you avoid paying back taxes, the IRS will enforce collections. The IRS can force your employer to garnish your wages and send significant portions of your checks to the IRS.  Help for your back tax problem can consist of many forms. Working with the IRS to establish payment plans, filing an offer in compromise to resolve the liability, the filing of old returns, innocent spouse requests, and getting the IRS to lift liens, are all available services we offer. The problem is that only qualified, dedicated and experienced professionals are likely to succeed in obtaining the relief you need.

Get the Back Tax Help You Need

Large tax law firms are certainly qualified to help with your back taxes, but they may not have the time to do so. Large law firms make the most money from representing large companies or very wealthy individuals. Small businesses and less wealthy individuals are often a lower priority for such firms. Solo tax attorneys may be qualified to assist you, but lack the experience necessary to successfully navigate the issue with the IRS. Qualified companies with experience and the desire to help regular taxpayers may be the most helpful.

At Tax Tiger, our team of tax professionals can help you pay your back taxes. Resolving tax issues with the IRS is often a frustrating and time-consuming task for non-professionals. Beyond qualifications, Tax Tiger focuses on customer service. We invite you to check our record with the Better Business Bureau and read testimonials of past clients.

Give us a call to see how we can help you!

Unfiled, Back, Past Due, Late Tax Returns


We have over 60 years of combined IRS experience and know the protocols and the systems to make this a very simple and affordable process.

With or without records we can file unfiled, not filed, back or late tax returns and settle your case all at the same time.

The bottom line is, we know the system.

We can close your case without fear or recourse from the IRS so you can get a Fresh Start.

Do not worry, we can get you back in the system worry free!

Have former IRS agents, managers and tax instructors get you back in the system if you have unfiled and back tax returns.

For affordable pricing we can file all your back tax returns and if you owe taxes we can work out an IRS tax settlement.

We have a combined 60 years of direct IRS work experience in the local, district, and regional tax offices of the internal revenue service.

We have filed thousands of unfiled tax returns and we have an exact system for affordable pricing so you can get this put to bed on a permanent basis.

We know all the protocol to get you back in the system worry free. Do not let the fear of the IRS get in your way filing back tax returns because at some point in time, IRS will be making contact with you.

As a former IRS agent, I can tell you that with the new IRS CADE2  computer system, in the very near future you will be getting a letter from the Internal Revenue Service  because IRS is getting more sophisticated in their income tracking.

I tell you this not to scare you but to let you know it’s best to take an assertive position with the Internal Revenue Service and get your tax returns filed and work out a settlement with them before they catch up with you.


Millions of people for whatever reasons have not filed their tax returns. The Tax Gap is estimated in the billions. Some estimates have it at $5 billion.

The tax gap is a term used for taxpayers who have failed to file their tax returns and have monies owed to the Internal Revenue Service.There is a fear of filing because of what the IRS will do to them.

The government has a system in place to deal with these situations and we can help walk you back into the system without fear of your IRS back tax problem.We can file the delinquent tax returns, take care of the back taxes and start working on your IRS problems today.

The Tax Gap pertaining to Unfiled Tax Returns

The Internal Revenue Service released a new set of tax gap estimates.The tax gap is defined as the amount of tax liability faced by taxpayers that is not paid on time.The new tax gap estimate represents the first full update of the report in five years, and it shows the nation’s compliance rate is essentially unchanged from the last review.

The tax gap statistic is a helpful guide to the scale of tax compliance and to the persisting sources of low compliance, but it is not an adequate guide to year-to-year changes in IRS programs or to year-to-year returns on IRS service and enforcement initiatives.


The voluntary compliance rate is  the percentage of total tax revenues paid on a timely basis — for tax year 2006 is estimated to be 83.1 percent. The voluntary compliance rate for 2006 is statistically unchanged from the most recent prior estimate of 83.7 percent calculated for tax year 2001.

On a relative basis, the tax gap is largely in line with the growth in total tax liabilities. In addition, some growth in the tax gap estimate is attributed to better data and improved estimation methods.

For example, the IRS developed a new econometric model for estimating the tax gap attributable to small corporations which was then applied to newer operational data. Also, large corporation tax gap estimates for 2006 are based on improved statistical methods and updated data.

Finally, the data related to individual income taxpayers continues to improve based on improved estimation techniques and newer data.

The tax gap can be divided into three components:


under reporting and


As was the case in 2001, the under reporting of income remained the biggest contributing factor to the tax gap in 2006.

Under-reporting across taxpayer categories accounted for an estimated $376 billion of the gross tax gap in 2006, up from $285 billion in 2001.

Tax non-filing accounted for $28 billion in 2006, up from $27 billion in 2001. Underpayment of tax increased to $46 billion, up from $33 billion in the previous study.

Overall, compliance is highest where there is third-party information reporting and/or withholding. For example, most wages and salaries are reported by employers to the IRS on Forms W-2 and are subject to withholding.

As a result, a net of only 1 percent of wage and salary income was misreported. But amounts subject to little or no information reporting had a 56 percent net misreporting rate in 2006.


Backs taxes;

Unfiled tax return or missing tax returns;

Non filer situations;

Missing tax records;

Resolution so no enforcement action is taken;

Amended tax returns.

We get your file closed with IRS so the tax problem is no longer a major stress.


Michael D. Sullivan, Former IRS Agent has been dealing with these situations for over 60 years.

In almost all cases the IRS wants your back tax issues cleaned up and the unfiled tax years filed.Non-filers and unfiled IRS tax returns are a huge issue for IRS as well.

Their generally policy is this: Get the taxpayer back into the system so the taxpayer is now in compliance and paying future IRS taxes.

At Michael D. Sullivan, Former IRS Agent this is what we do.

We make this happen so you can sleep at night and take the fear and stress out of your life. We will:

We secure a power of attorney so you don’t have to talk to the IRS;

We get a full transcript of IRS records so we know how the IRS will handle this case;

We contact the IRS and handle the resolution of your tax problem;

We file the tax returns;

We negotiate a settlement with the IRS and close your case.

We have handled thousands of cases. We are some of the country’s leading experts in unfiled returns, back taxes, missing returns, IRS non filer and the filing of all US tax returns. We can make this a painless process.


Guide – Unfiled Back or Past Due Returns

We are composed of AFFORDABLE Former IRS agents and managers who know all the tax systems and policies to get you in the tax system smoothly and worry free.

We have over 65 years of direct work experience in the local, district, and regional tax offices of the IRS.

We can file all your back tax returns and settle your case all at the same time.

We have filed thousands of back, past due and unfiled tax return and have gotten thousands taxpayers back into the system and worked out settlement agreements without problems.

You do not have to be worried or afraid. You are certainly not alone. Once you understand the system and how easy the process can be you can have immediate peace of mind on your back tax issues.

Unfiled, past due, back tax returns.


Unfiled, back or past due tax returns is a real problem for the IRS and it is developing programs to catch up with non filers.

The latest estimates reveals that over 10 million taxpayers do not file tax returns causing a huge problem for the IRS.

As a result, the IRS is starting to step up their enforcement action by running matching programs to catch up with non filers. The IRS has increased its budget for technology that helps locate non-filing taxpayers.

In fact, they have targeted this problem as one of the higher priority problems because millions of tax dollars are not being collected. IRS use computer matching and software programs to help as well.

The IRS Information Reporting System (IRP) matches W-2’s and 1099’s to the tax documents submitted. Each year IRS runs these matching programs.

If you have not filed for years it will only be a matter of time till the IRS catches up. You must file before they turn your case into a criminal investigation.



IRS allows taxpayers to submit the missing tax returns and usually avoid criminal prosecution. However, all unfiled tax returns must be fully accurate If not, the chance of criminal prosecution is heightened. Filing a fraudulent tax return is not something you want to do.

If you think this is a good course of action for you, be sure and do your best to voluntarily inform the IRS of your failure to file. If you hire a tax professional they will file a power of attorney with a written letter stating in the letter the anticipated date of filing. To IRS and this will serve as your attempt to voluntary file.

You also need to file a correct tax return, make full payment if you can and make the disclosure before finding out you are under criminal investigation.

IRS generally prosecutes 1700 cases a year. The average sentence is 25 months and they have a 92% conviction rate.


How many back years do I file?

This is a very tough answer to tell you without reviewing your individual case. It could vary between 3,6, or 7 years. As we get into the case we can make that call. We try to file as few years as IRS will allow. On no asset cases you can usually get by with 3 years. However, if you want social security credits to build up, the more years you file the better off you are.



  1. Try to obtain all your back 1099’s or W-2’s. Also get copies of all your bank statements for the tax years not filed. This will give you your total income for the years involved.
  2. The taxpayer should to the best of their ability reconstruct what they think their tax earnings and expenses were for each year. They can do this simply by using a monthly averages for each of the years.

As an example, how much was one month of your rent or mortgage, your car expenses, your food, your insurance etc. Arrive at a monthly figure and multiple it by 12. As a general rule your rent or mortgage is usually about 28% monthly expenses.

  1. If you have bank statements, what were your total deposits for the year? Match this up with what you are claiming as total income.
  2. If you have absolutely no records, call the IRS and ask them for an income report record of all third parties that have reported to the IRS. The IRS keeps on their computer system a list of all third party sources that have reported 1099’s or W-2’s. The IRS will send this to you within a couple weeks of your request.
  3. Ask yourself, does this return make sense? The IRS knows how much it costs to live in each area of the country. The tax return must reflect your living style and conditions over the period of time in which you are filing. Do not round numbers to zero and do not use a pencil to fill out your tax return.
  4. Prepare your tax return and send it to the IRS to the at the regional office closest to your residence.
  5. If you are going to owe money, still file your tax return and contact us to find the type of settlement that works best for your life style.

It is always best to let a professional tax firm handle this situation. The professional firms know the standards and the methods used by the IRS and if you owe tax, they can probably work out a tax settlement as well. So if you have back,unfiled, or past due tax returns call us today.


What happens if you lost your W-2s or 1099’s?

If you lost your W-2(s) or 1099(s) call the business that you would have received them from. Ask their payroll department for copies. Typically businesses (your employer, banks, stock brokerage etc) will carry these records for 7  years.

If the business is out of business or did not keep copies you can call the IRS  at 1-800-829-1040 and ask for a printout of the data for the year(s) you did not file. Although the IRS cannot provide you actual W-2s or 1099s, you will at least have enough information for your baseline tax amount to report on your taxes. IRS keeps these income reports on record for 7 years. You will be asking IRS for income reports.


What are the different ways IRS may contact me you did not file

The IRS starts off by sending you a letter or notice in the mail at the last address they have on file for you. IRS letters or what the IRS calls CP for collection process notices may let you know that they have no record of your tax return.

If you do not respond to these letters, then IRS may follow up with a phone call or a letter telling you that you have 30 days to get your returns filed.

If you fail to take corrective actions, stepped up process will take place. If the IRS can not get you to file through telephone call or letters you will get a or visit from a Revenue Officer.

At this point the case will be assigned to the local office to close the case. If you did not file after this IRS will file your tax return for you. This is called SFR or substitute for return.


If the IRS files a Substitute For Return tax returns, they are prepared and filed pursuant to authority granted the Internal Revenue Service by IRC §6020(b) which authorizes the IRS to prepare an individual income tax return on behalf of the taxpayer.

In most cases, the Automated Substitute for Return (ASFR) system is used to evaluate the IRS Master File on the IRS CADE Computer and prepare an SFR for a wage earner or taxpayer without other unresolved taxpayer delinquent accounts.IRS will not do this unless they have repeated tried to contact you.


In order to conserve manpower and financial resources, tax cases having the following criteria will generally be handled by the ASFR system:


  1. The taxpayer is not self-employed;
  2. Total income is less than $100,000; Larger cases will referred to audit,
  3. The income shown on the IRS Information Reporting System totals more than 75% of adjusted gross income and total positive income on the taxpayer’s last filed return;
  4. The tax year is no older than six years prior to the current tax year;
  5. There is no current or pending “uncollectible status” on the account or Criminal indicator on the account.
  6. The taxpayer’s address has been verified. If these conditions do not exist, the matter will be sent to a Revenue Officer in the local field office closest to the taxpayers residence to review and obtain pertinent information prior to referral to the Exam Division for creation of an SFR for the taxpayer. The Revenue Officer has the option to do the SRF also.When I worked for the IRS I often times filed SFR’s for the taxpayers.


Do I still need to file even if I do not owe the IRS?

No!!! filing is not necessary.

Are Tax Penalties Deductible on Tax Return?

No, not on your life.

Where do I send late, unfiled or back tax returns to the IRS?

You can find a list of local IRS offices by going to

Help Filing Taxes – File Back Tax Returns

Have former IRS Agents file your back tax returns and audit proof your tax return.

We can make sure that you do not become an IRS Tax Audit candidate.

We can file all your back, past due, late tax returns and work out a tax settlement with the IRS.

Being Former IRS employees, we know all the right protocol to get you back in the system safely and without worry.


Stop the worry today. We can help fill all your back taxes and settle your case. 1 (877) 367-7870.


Over 10 million tax returns are not filed each year and millions of taxpayers need help filing taxes, both for past and current tax years. Many taxpayers just hate filing taxes while others have lost their tax records.

If you need help filing your back taxes call us today for a free tax consultation. If you should owe money we can work out a tax settlement.


Filing Back Tax Returns – The process of filing back or unfiled, past due or delinquent tax returns:


  1. We verbally review a year-by-year history of your income and expenses to file an accurate tax return.
    2. We review any records you may have including all your bank deposits.
    3 We pull all IRS information that they have received from 3rd party sources that have been placed on the IRS computer system over the past 7 years. These will reflect all income sources.
    4. If you have lost your tax records we have easy and simple forms that can help you reconstruct your tax returns on any back tax years.
    5. We can prepare through our years of experience a “reconstructed tax return ” that the IRS will accept and process. IRS has a specific reconstruction process. As former IRS Agents we know all the reconstructive methods used by the IRS.
    6. We review all returns for accuracy with the client and send them into the IRS.
    7. Should you owe back taxes we will work out a settlement agreement with the IRS to permanently close your tax case.


For years you haven’t filed any tax returns, did you not file your returns because you couldn’t pay the taxes owed?  You’re not alone!  Businesses, adults and even some young people earning money must file tax returns each year.  Failure to file can cause huge problems.  Repercussions of delinquent tax returns can pop up years later, even when you’ve forgotten about them.  Failure to file one year can cause the IRS to keep a refund you are owed for the next year as well!  Other consequences are much more serious.  Don’t wait for the IRS to contact you, and don’t let the IRS prepare a return for you, it’s not in your best interest.  They will use the highest tax rate when they prepare your unfiled delinquent tax returns for you.

If the IRS has not yet notified you, they will catch up to you sooner or later.  Computers are becoming more sophisticated with technology and the sharing of data.  The IRS may also seek to impose a criminal offense for failure to file tax returns as required.  When you do file your returns, the tax returns must be accurate and truthful.  If false returns are detected by the IRS, a fraud referral to the Criminal Investigation Division will be generated.  Failure to file returns is a FELONY and subject to criminal and civil penalties.  This means that you can go to prison, pay substantial penalties and be financially destroyed.  Willful failure to file returns can result in a punishment of one year in jail and a $25,000 fine ($100,000 in the case of a corporation).

Delinquent tax returns should be filed immediately, even if you cannot afford to pay the taxes owed.  While filing delinquent returns without paying the bill will cause interest and penalties to begin accruing, failure to file on-time dramatically increases these penalties.  These combined penalties can be as high as 25 percent of the taxes owed!  When you do file, you must prepare and file tax returns that are accurate and truthful as the returns will be examined by the IRS.  We can guide you to becoming current with your tax return filing obligations and then analyze your situation to determine the best course of action.  For many taxpayers, this tax resolution typically leads to an Offer in Compromise.